Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Random Thoughts

January 5, 2008 - Saturday

Just had a Seinfeld moment and have to ask:

Why, if Barack Obama, is HALF black because he has a black father from Kenya, and HALF white because his white mother is from Kansas, is he referred to as possibly 'the first black President in history'?

Why does the black part of his biological makeup dominate over the white?

Why is he not referred to as a 'mixed race' or 'half and half' (besides the fact that it may be Politically Incorrect)? This inquiring mind just wants to know.

Bhutto's assassination was horrifying. Her 19 year old son, with such innocence in his young face, steps up to fill her shoes, alongside her husband/his father. I pray they succeed against the bad odds of hate and violence.

Kenya killings are as heartbreaking as the continual growing numbers of innocents killed in Darfur/Chad. Hundreds of thousands have fled Iraq.............where do all the misplaced/uprooted go to even find food and shelter. Peace right now may not even be on their mental agenda as they all struggle laboriously and heroically to merely survive day to day. God has put such a burden on my heart for all these innocent people, most of whom are victims of genocide/racial cleansing. I wish there was something more I could do besides send money or bring a voice to it on my blogs. Were I in better health and Ryan was on his own, I would go there and be as hands on as I could be. To even be able to hold the hand of one dying would be the greatest gift.

Other random thoughts this morning as I do my breathing treatment:

I like Mike (Huckabee). I like what Ron Paul has to say on the issues. I won't be voting for either.

I would love to see an Obama/Edwards ticket. I would love to see Hillary disappear from life in Washington period.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, but I don't consider myself an Independent either. I think those of us that feel this way should be able to call ourselves Bipartisan and vote however and for whomever we want.

We're in the 1700th something day since Bush declared a success (and end) to Operation Iraqi Freedom. If this didn't make me so deeply sad for our country and the one we invaded I would try to laugh.

Dear son is in bed sleeping after getting up and taking care of feeding Baby and letting her out. When I am done with my treatment I want to do my devotions and maybe start a new Bible study. I feel like having a quiet and peaceful day so I shall. After I've spent time with my Lord I shall snuggle under a cozy quilt in my recliner and contemplate more about life in general.

More snow on the way...........can barely see the asphalt of the roads in most spots and still it comes. I like when everything is clean and white. I'd rather live with snow than rain and with cold than hot!

I'm getting hungry and that's a great (and too infrequent) thing. It showed I gained 3 pounds at the doctor's day before yesterday and I'm up to 93.4 pounds. I'd like to keep the momentum going and actually get back up to 100 or more and STAY THERE, or of course, keep gaining!!!!

Peace!! It's not just a word.........it's a goal; it's something all peoples must strive for or it will never be more than a word, an unfulfilled dream!

It starts.......my day........here I go!!

Peace to all

No comments: